Saturday 5 January 2013

Assume nothing

So the lesson I had this week was to assume NOTHING! it makes an ASS out of U and ME!

I say this as on day 3 I used my Rosemary Conley pots to measure my uncooked pasta - I had it in my head this measured 100cal of pasta and cooked 2 pots worth for my lunch.

Past cooked I decided for future reference to weigh it so when I do a bulk batch I know how much weight equals 100cals

On weight my 2 pots of pasta I discovered it weighed exactly 200g at this point the cogs started turning.....perhaps I had got it wrong and the pots measured weight as opposed to cals....My lunch looked good so off I went and ate my lunch.

Sitting on the sofa stuffed better than a bear factory bear I input the calories - what I assumed would be 200 cals turned out to be a whopping 294 cals.

Having set the tone for the rest of the day continued to overate by 400 cals - snacking on nuts and tomato soup with 2 crackers. That said 400 cals on the scheme of things isn't all that bad. In the past I would have eaten well in excess of 1000cals being in a mood. It's all about re-education and pinpointing triggers and then setting to change these habits.

Day 3 has since come to an end and the ------------------------------- has been drawn. Day 4 went really well and I stuck to the plan.

Not being able to sleep this morning I decided to have a sneaky peak on the scales (I say that like I've not been on them every hour for the past four days!!!!!) ......Official weigh is in 3 days so I will keep stum until then but I can tell you I am a happy bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment